Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Look

I'm still not doing too great with posting regularly, but I do have a few projects ready and waiting to be posted.

I'm excited for a project I'm in the middle of right now involving mirrors and silhouettes actually.

I hope to post it soon. :)

Anyhoo, I am excited to say that we finally painted the living room. I still have to paint all the trim and the light switch cover thingamabobs, but for the most part we're done.

Some pics:



Holden being shy:



What NOT to do:



(I already repainted the t.v. stand and scraped all the paint off the bookcases. Now I just need to find a way to get the primer out of the carpet...)

Ta Da:



Like a thousand times better right?

The paint is a little more blue then I was expecting, but it works alright with the green and orange I have in the house.

We also framed out my painting in the living room and it looks great.



It feels so much more like a real painting this way instead of a piece of cardboard I fiddled around with in my basement.

(And would it kill my couch cushions to sit straight?)

So that's it for today. I've been a busy bee this weekend and I should have a new project posted in a couple days. :)

1 comment:

  1. it looks so good with the blue. calming. very pretty. love it.

    ReplyDelete