Sunday, September 5, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I actually posted this recipe before, but I needed to take a new picture so I can include it in Holden's cookbook I'm making. I am keeping the original picture at the bottom so you can see the difference in photos though. Pretty amazing.

Here is a great dip for anyone who likes buffalo wings. I know it looks a little odd with its bright orange color, but I promise it's spicy and filling and totally easy. In fact, my next door neighbor likes this dip it so much he once told me I couldn't come over unless I made it for him again.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Instead of using a rotisserie I usually just poach my chicken breasts. I also prefer to use three instead of two to make sure my dip is chunky and delicious, but it is obviously up to you. Instead of adding the hot sauce to the chicken like the directions say to do, I usually just add it to the cream cheese mixture after I add the ranch. That way I avoid having to wash and extra bowl and after making it both ways I can tell you there is honestly no discernible difference. Also, I didn't specify a pan size but you would be safe with using a 8x8 baking dish or something similar in case you're wondering.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:

1 Rotisserie chicken (can substitute two cans of chx or two cooked chx breasts)
1 bottle of Frank's Red Hot (the little one...5 oz. I think)
1 packaged neufchatel cream cheese (8 ounces), room temperature
1 bottle of good quality bleu cheese or Ranch dressing (8 oz.)
8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
olive oil

IMG_7550

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Shred chicken and toss with hot sauce. Place in a container and refrigerate if not using right away.

2. Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add celery and saute just until tender.

3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. When cream cheese is creamy, add dressing and stir to combine.

4. Add chicken and celery. Mix thoroughly.

5. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Bake for another 20 minutes or until heated through.

Serve with additional sticks of celery, some crusty French bread (my favorite), and/or tortilla chips for dipping. Pretzels are surprisingly good as well.

Original photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment