Saturday, June 13, 2009

Crafts I Heart

Even though I don’t update too often, I still look up a lot of different craft sites and projects everyday. (I tend to put my Stumble Upon topic on “crafts” and just stumble away when I’m bored.)

And since I haven’t been doing too many projects I can easily share, I thought I would post some projects I’m looking forward to trying.

Cool?

-I am crushing on DIY coasters hard core right now.

I just love these ones by Style Me Pretty :



I also thought these from Urban Threads were great as well:



The ideas are endless, and what better way to use that gorgeous scrapbook paper you want to keep forever?

-I am LOVING this fabric necklace idea from Naughty Secretary Club.



I mean how awesome is the idea of printing on fabric? I feel like a whole new world has opened up to me. Of course, I rushed right out and picked some up for myself (in the quilt section of the craft store). Even though I haven’t actually made anything yet, it still makes me happy knowing I can.

The downside to buying printer ready fabric, is it’s pretty expensive. I found this great tutorial on how to make your own printer ready fabric at HP:



Now I have a printer similar to the one pictured, so please check to see if your printer manufacturer has any specific instructions of it’s own before trying this.

-And is it just me, or does skittle vodka sound like the most awesome thing ever? After seeing this post from Lutine on Livejournal, I just knew I had to give it a go:



I can’t wait till I’m not so broke!

Also, I made the best burgers EVER for dinner tonight. It’s called the Smokin Chicken Burger from Rachael Ray.



Seriously, how can you go wrong with ground chicken, mushrooms, onions, and red wine sauce? The mushrooms kept the patties ridiculously moist and flavorful, and the red wine sauce added the perfect twang.

I didn’t have any bacon, but I’m pretty sure my brain would have exploded if I had put two slices of peppered bacon on each burger. I’m making this next week as well. I’m not a big beef fan and it’s nice to have a go-to recipe for when you’re craving a burger.

-I made the picture above using a free Polaroid program. You can find it here.

And that’s it till next time. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment