Sunday, June 28, 2009

Spray Paint and Hot Glue

To say that I love spray paint and hot glue would be an immense understatement of the absolute adoration I feel towards these two gold medal decorating helpers. I love them so much I would write them an ode and plant fields of flowers in their name if only they asked.

I seriously don’t know what I would do without them.

Here are two prime examples of the awesomeness that is hot glue and spray paint (and these aren’t even that great).

Spray Paint:

Ugly wood box I found at the thrift store for $2 bucks:



Two quick coats of the leftover spray paint I used in my earring holder DIY and presto:



Much better.

Hot Glue:

When I was at the craft store stocking up on some alligator clips, I found these adorable iron-on bird patches:



In little more then the time it took for the hot glue to heat up, I had two new hair clips:



The cool thing about alligator clips is they can be used for anything.

So what are you waiting for? All you need is a little glue and some paint. The possibilities are endless....

Check out some of the before and afters over at Design*Sponge to get a good idea at how paint can completely transform something.

1 comment:

  1. I found a box exactly like yours.. and painted it brown and embellished with pink flowers! I love the aqua color! it turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete