Friday, July 31, 2009

Broccoli Salad

This is a great recipe for making Broccoli salad. I have been looking for a recipe like this for a long time.

Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables and I love the sweetness of the sauce paired with the crunchy almonds and bacon. I'm not sure where I found this particular recipe, but it's definitely a keeper.

I know this picture isn't great, but oh well...

Ingredients:

2 bunches of fresh broccoli (I used some broccolini)
1/2 med purple onion finely chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 strips bacon cooked till crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
1/2 cup raisins

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
2 Tbsp Red vinegar
1/3 cup sugar*
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

1. Make dressing and chill for at least one hour before tossing with salad.

2. Once dressing has been chilled, mix everything together leaving the bacon for right before you serve.

Couldn't be easier.

*I recommend starting with a 1/4 cup of sugar and adding from there. I used the full 1/3 of a cup because I can't stand the taste of mayo, but it might be too sweet for some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment