Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Direction

I don’t get a lot of traffic on this blog, and that’s totally okay with me. I started artistic illusions because I needed a place where I could talk about things more crafty/home oriented and I felt my other blog just wasn’t the place.

Actually, in a lot of ways this sort of dichotomy has always been prevalent in my life.

There’s the side of me that’s more intellectual and really really political, and then there’s the artistic hippy-ish thing I’ve got going on. This has made it difficult to figure out what I want to do with my life and often leaves me feeling a little unfulfilled either way.

Um. I really didn’t mean for this post to go in that direction, but there you have it.

I guess my point is that I don’t have as clear of a picture for this blog as I do with Crazy Thoughts. There are a lot of great blogs that fill this particular niche out there already and I’m still trying to get my bearings straight.

One thing I’ve decided to do is more book reviews. I don’t know how it’s going to unfold in the end, but since I tend to read more than a few books a week this seems like the natural progression of things.

So don’t be alarmed if you see a lot of book reviews in the future. I have been itching to do some more DIY and crafts lately, but I just don’t have the funds. So books and recipes will have to suffice for now (though I do have an interesting painting project I hope to share soon).

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment