Monday, November 16, 2009

Amazon's Best Books of 2009

School has been a major time sucker lately. Though I'm sad that the semester is almost over, at the same time I can't wait to have some more free time to feed my book habit.

Even more tempting, amazon recently announced their Best Books of 2009 list and I haven't read any of the 10 books that made the fantasy/SF category (and I've only read one in the teen category).

How disappointing is that?

You can see the fantasy/SF list here, but out of the ten I am most interested in these six:

1. Palimpsest 2. The Red Tree 3. The Other Lands (Acacia, #2)
4. Yellow Blue Tibia: A Novel 5. The Sad Tale of the Brothers Grossbart 6. Boneshaker

Amazon's top pick is Catherynne Valente's "richly imagined dreamscape" Palimpsest. I hadn't even heard of it, but I will definitely check it out.

I've also been dying to get my hands on these three books:

1. Push 2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower 3. Sperm Wars: Infidelity, Sexual Conflict, and Other Bedroom Battles

My "to read" list seems to get bigger and bigger no matter how many books I read. And I have to say I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment