Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Fountain

So last night I watched The Fountain and all I can say is wow. A thousand times wow.


At core this is a movie about love and death. It's about the search for immortality when the reality is mortality is what makes us human.

Trailer:



Now don't feel bad if you have no idea what the hell is going on after watching this trailer. I mean, I actually watched the movie and I wasn't always sure what was going on. In that regard the movie reminded me of What Dreams May Come (since I wasn't always sure what was happening but everything was so beautiful is held my attention). According to wikipedia, "The film comprises three storylines where Jackman and Weisz play different sets of characters: a modern-day scientist and his cancer-stricken wife, a conquistador and his queen, and a space traveler who hallucinates his lost love." None of that really matters though. This is the type of film that you watch and experience rather than analyze. It really is amazing.

"Death is the road to awe."

No comments:

Post a Comment