Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Music Thursday

One of the things I want to do this year is expand my music repertoire. Even though I like all different kinds of music, I tend to stick with what I love and don’t branch out too often. I also don’t listen to the radio (since the repetition of popular songs kills pieces of my soul) which only exacerbates the problem.

My favorite music came from the 90s and no matter how much I like other artists, there’s just something about grunge and hip hop at that time that just works for me. But I got to admit I was shocked to realize how much I like pop music now and it made me realize that I should be more open to listening to new artists (though I didn’t even realize I was closing myself off).

So, from now on I plan on posting new songs/artists I’ve listened to every Thursday. For one, it will keep me posting regularly. Secondly, it will remind me to actually listen to new music since it’s easy to fall into the old groove of things.

So off we go:

Bulletproof by la roux:



Dead Disco Dancer by O Children:



You've Changed by Sia:



Vagabond by Wolfmother:



Mountain Man by Crash Kings:



Cousins by Vampire Weekend:



I actually heard this song before, but I had no idea who it was. Now I do.

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat by Beck:



Even though I've obvoiusly heard of Beck before, this song is new to me and it's quickly become one of my favorite covers.

Favorite artist of the week: The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Around The Bend:



Sun Ain't Shining No More:

No comments:

Post a Comment