Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jennifer's Body

Jennifer's Body is a movie about a newly possessed cheerleader who turns into a crazy killer and starts offing her male classmates.

From IMDB:
Nerdy, reserved bookworm Needy and arrogant, conceited cheerleader Jennifer are best friends, though they share little in common. They share even less in common when Jennifer mysteriously gains an appetite for human blood after a disastrous fire at a local bar. As Needy's male classmates are steadily killed off in gruesome attacks, the young girl must uncover the truth behind her friend's transformation and find a way to stop the bloodthirsty rampage before it reaches her own boyfriend Chip.



When I first read all the hype surrounding Jennifer's Body I got to admit I was a little nervous to see it for myself. (Even though I'm easily entertained, sometimes the humorless feminist in me rears its head and makes it quite difficult for me to enjoy a movie.) But I got to say that I simply adored this movie.

I really freakin loved it.

What I like most about Jennifer's Body is the way you get exactly what you think you're gonna get. You want to watch a horror film that changes the way people will look at the genre forever? Then this is not the film for you. But if you want to watch an entertaining movie full of witty dialogue that realistically portrays the confusing and often love/hate friendships of high school girls then you are in for a treat. This movie is so good it even made me love Megan Fox (and that is a feat people).


One the biggest complaints that I've read about this movie is the slang heavy dialogue. A lot of people have even pegged the slang as "Cody-isms" but I thought the slang was one of best parts of this movie. Yeah a lot of it was unrealistic but a lot of it are things people I know actually say. It makes me wonder if these same people felt the same way about Juno or if it's this movie in particular that bothers them. Either way I enjoyed it and thought it added a cheeky atmosphere to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment