Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Music Thursday

New music Thursday is an attempt to keep my goal of listening to some new music alive and kicking. Instead of just compiling a bunch of random songs like I usually do, I want to focus on the youtube channel for Amsterdamn Acoustics this week. Amsterdamn Acoustics was, according to their website, "started July 2009 to create intimate acoustic sessions with musicians with Amsterdam as a cinematographic background."

And it's just brilliant.

Not only am I a big fan of acoustic performances in general (though not all of performances are actually acoustic), but the groups featured are mostly groups I haven't heard of so it's a great place to hear new music. This week I want to share some of my favorites and next week I'll go back to the usual.

Envoi by Absynthe Minded:



MLK's by The strange boys:



Go Back To The Sun by King Jack:



The Rat by Dead Confederate:



Short Bursts by We Were Promised Jetpacks:



When The Lights Go Out by Dead Pixels:



Sure Enough by Drive Like Maria:



You can find the channel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment