Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ariel by Steven R. Boyett

I almost never fail to finish a book. For the most part, no matter how crappy a book is I will finish it to the end. I think this has more to do with my boredom of life and my curiosity about the ending then it does anything else (I’m the same way about movies). I just like to be distracted from anything productive I could be doing it seems.

So, when I don’t finish a book it sticks out in my mind like a wayward branch. Sometimes I can’t even put my finger on why I stopped reading a particular book in the first place. Ariel, by Steven R. Boyett, is one of those books.


After reading a great review of the book on The Book Smugglers I checked Ariel out from the library. But what sounded to be everything I could ever hope for in a book (unicorns, sci fi, magic, urban, post apocalyptic) turned out to be kind of dull. I just couldn’t get into the story for some reason.

I want to say upfront that sometimes my brain just refuses to participate. They have been other books before that I didn’t finish and yet loved them when I finally gave them another go. So the fact that this book didn’t hold my interest is not necessarily the fault of the author. Either way, this book was not interesting enough to hold my attention and after about halfway in I gave up.

It’s too bad.

Rating: 0. Didn't finish

No comments:

Post a Comment