Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps is a werewolf film that focuses on two teenage sisters, Ginger and Brigitte Fitzgerald (Katharine Isabelle and Emily Perkins). The sisters are obsessed with death and after Ginger is attacked by something in the woods all hell breaks loose.


The trailer:



Even though this is a werewolf movie, the crux of the story is about adolesence and the process of two sisters growing apart. Ginger Snaps uses lycanthropy as a metaphor for puberty and yet still has that campy horror awesomeness that I seem to adore.

Anyone who enjoyed Jennifer's Body will get a kick out of this film and it'd be perfect for a movie night. I really wish this film was more well known. It kicks major ass.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, It kicks major ass. My girlfriend told me about them and we rented all 3 parts (although honestly, I could have done without the 3rd one). As a result, netflix then started recommending movies to me based on my taste for "Female-driven Canadian Horror movies".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact netflix has a "Female-driven Canadian Horror movie" recommendation in the first place is so full of win.

    ReplyDelete