Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chili Lime Chicken Salad

While I don't usually enjoy eating a salad as my main meal, there is just something about the combination of smoky chicken and the sour lime in this salad that just makes my day. Add in the velvety avocado and the freshness of the tomato and I'm in salad eating heaven.




Things I love about this recipe:

1. It's super easy.
2. It combines chili powder and lime. One of my favorite flavor combinations.
3. This dish is perfect for the warmer nights that are finally creeping up on us.

I like to marinate my chicken in extra lime juice before I cook it to make the lime more pronounced, but if I'm in a hurry I just skip it. I also prefer to cook the chicken on a grill for this dish, but it's definitely not necessary.

Will I make this again? Definitely. I've already been making it for years.

Chili Lime Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

1 pound Chicken tenders
2 tsp Chili powder
Salt and ground black pepper
1 Tbl Olive oil
3 Tbl Lime juice
2 Tbl Snipped cilantro
1 Tbl White wine vinegar
1/4 tsp Salt
Dash ground black pepper
6 cups Torn romaine lettuce
8 Cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1/2 Medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped

Directions:

1. In a bowl, toss chicken tenders with chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, reduce heat to medium. Cook 8-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; turn once.

2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine 1/4 cup oil and the lime juice, cilantro, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper. Cover; shake well. Arrange lettuce on 4 salad plates. Top with chicken, tomato and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog and becoming a follower. You have some damn good recipes here. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete