Friday, May 21, 2010

Corn with Bacon and Scallions

I don't know why I never thought of sauteing frozen corn before, but the flavor cooking the corn on the stove top imparts is just incredible. Even Ryan couldn't believe that corn could have so much flavor. Suateing the corn while still frozen also helped the corn keep its crispness which I always love. Add bacon and scallions and you can't really go wrong.

Corn with Bacon and Scallions

I know it seems kind of silly to rave about a dish of corn, but this side dish is one of the tastiest corn dishes I've ever had. I cannot express enough love for this dish.

Would I make this again? I already have. This dish has already become a staple in our house.

Corn with Bacon and Scallions

Ingredients:

1 shallot, minced
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1 pound frozen corn (do not thaw)
3 scallions, thinly slices
6 slices of bacon,

Directions:

1. Fry 6 slices of chopped bacon in a non-stick skillet until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.

2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the shallot and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to high and add the corn; cook, stirring often, until heated through but still crunchy, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3. Sprinkle the corn with the scallions and bacon just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment