Monday, May 17, 2010

Easy Flower Headband

I found a cute flower applique at the fabric store that I decided to buy for a project that never happened, so I decided to turn it into a super simple hair decoration.

IMG_3226

The nice thing about this project, besides being ridiculously easy, is how many possibilities there are. Any applique, lace, trimming, or fabric can be used. You could also just sew the ribbon to the applique, but I couldn't find any black thread so I just used hot glue. You can also use elastic if you'd prefer it, but my big round dome hates elastic so ribbon it was for me.

Easy Flower Headband

Supplies:

Flower applique
Ribbon/elastic
Glue (I used hot glue) or a needle and thread

IMG_3195
IMG_3202
IMG_3206
IMG_3209

Directions:

Do I even really need to write out directions? All I did was glue a piece of ribbon to each end of my applique. Easy peasy.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, pretty simple but still something that wouldn't have crossed my mind :P
    Although I have though of buying a plastic headband and sticking on one of those hench flowers you normally get on safety pins for like brooches. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. I usually glue a bow on mine since I seem obsessed with them, but anything could work.

    ReplyDelete