Friday, May 28, 2010

I Made a Skirt!

I just want to brag for a moment because I actually made a skirt. It's simple and not too impressive, but I'm terribly proud of myself. It even has pockets!

IMG_3307 copy
IMG_3397 copy
IMG_3419

Not too bad right? (I know it's kind of hard to see since its black.) I also made that "harder" necklace since no school equals tons more crafts to try and keep sane. Originally I was going to make one that said "slut," but I thought that was too expected. In the end I felt "harder" was both more and less crude in a way that I could get behind.

So that's it. I will post a tutorial for the necklace tomorrow (though it is so easy I almost feel bad) and you can find a great tutorial here for a skirt just like mine.

2 comments:

  1. TOTALLY jealous! My mother is a textiles-GODDESS and promised to help me pimp out some skirts this summer. I'm stuck in the leggings phase and some of them really need shortening!
    Now to find some beads, sequins and ribbons to pimp them out - and I'll be posting the pics too, once we get around to it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete