Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pepperoni Bread

I found this recipe over at the Brown Eyed Baker and knew I had to give it a shot. Not only is the recipe ridiculously easy (have you noticed a trend here?), but I'm also a sucker for any pizza related food.

IMG_0854

Instead of using a frozen bread loaf, I used one of those pizza dough in a tube things. I thought it turned out fine, but I think I'll try the bread next time since I like to indulge my love of bread any chance I can. I used an egg wash with a little get good browning and sprinkled a little parmesan on top so I could feel fancy.

As you can see by my pictures below, you can put pretty much whatever you want in this bread. The second time around I used my favorite lunch meat, mushrooms, and mozzarella. Dipped in mustard, I think I may have liked it even more then the pepperoni.

Will I make this again? Most definitely.

Pepperoni Bread

Ingredients:

1 loaf frozen (or refrigerated) bread dough
Sliced pepperoni
Shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1. Allow the frozen bread dough to thaw/raise throughout the day. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

IMG_1689

2. Cut the dough in half and roll out two rectangles. Layer the pepperoni on the dough, and then cover with mozzarella cheese. Roll up lengthwise and seal the ends and seam and place seam-side down on the baking sheet.

IMG_1691

3. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.

IMG_1698

No comments:

Post a Comment