Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"3 of a Kind" 06/10

I just finished some pictures of my little family to put in the hallway:

IMG_5554
IMG_5555
IMG_5557

I actually used a big box I had sitting in the basement for a canvas. I had originally planned on just nailing the cardboard pieces onto the wall since I'm low maintenance, but I was able to find three frames of the same size at the thrift store (only a buck a piece!). I painted all of the frames black and used the glass as a template for where to cut the cardboard. Without the glass that cardboard fits perfectly in the frames.

Process pics:

IMG_4776
IMG_4777
IMG_4780
IMG_4782
IMG_5515
IMG_5548

I like taking pictures of the progress since it's interesting how something often starts out super ugly but ends up awesome. I'm very happy with the final outcome.

5 comments:

  1. Cool. Your man looks like anakin skywalker LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get the stripes like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decubitus: haha thanks!

    Dannie: You mean by the names? I cut out strips of scrapbook paper (in this case with a blue-ish pattern) and used a pink ink pad to highlight the edges. Then I just glued them on. Easy peasy. (I also used a big circle punch to make the circles the same way.) Paper and glue are very much my friend. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh you have the new template up! Much prefer the header picture now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear! It was a pain but I'm happy with it for now.

    ReplyDelete