Monday, June 28, 2010

Garlic Bread

Even though this isn't really a recipe (in the sense that the amounts of everything and what you include are up to you), I thought I should include my way for making garlic bread. I'm making a family cookbook for Holden so I've been taking pictures of the more basic things I cook regularly. In our house, garlic bread is definitely on that list. I love garlic and I adore bread. I would eat a loaf of French bread every day if I could. So finding the perfect garlic bread was a must for me.

IMG_4984

For a long time I messed around with different ways of making garlic bread, but this is by far my favorite. Everyone likes their garlic bread different, so just do what sounds right/good to you. I only have two real tips: Include a spoonful of mayonnaise (even if you hate mayo, like I do, I promise it will add a melty goodness to the bread without any discernible taste) and make sure you cook your bread for a good period of time. I used to try and rush my garlic bread, but a solid 25-30 minutes in the oven is a must.

IMG_4958

Garlic Bread

All of these amounts are up to you and based on what you have on hand.

Ingredients:

Butter (I usually just double however much mayo I use)
Mayo (only like a spoonful)
Garlic (I use like 5 cloves)
Parsley
Mozzarella (handful)
Parmesan (I didn't have any last time that's why there's none in the pic)
Sliced olives (I usually use a small can of sliced black olives, but green olives are also nice)
Red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper

French bread, halved lengthwise

Directions:

1. Mix everything together in a small bowl and spread over your french bread.

2. Bake in a 350 degree over for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges are browned.

IMG_4981

No comments:

Post a Comment