Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kite Hairclip Tutorial

I saw this adorable tutorial for a kite hair clip over at One Pretty Thing and I swear I swooned from the cuteness.

IMG_3715

Isn't it just the most adorable idea ever? The only way it could be any cuter is if it could be made to randomly shoot out rainbows and cotton candy.

And if have the know-how to do that please email me asap. Thanks.

Kite Hair Clip

Supplies:

Two different colors of felt
Scissors
Glue (I used hot glue)
Needle/thread
Hair clip (or a pin if you'd like to make a brooch)

IMG_3686

Directions:

1. Cut out a kite shape from your first piece of felt. You can make a template with a piece of paper, but I just eyeballed it.

IMG_3690

2. Cut out a second kite shape from the second color. (I used the first piece as a guide for the second.)

IMG_3694

3. Cut one of your kites into fourths.

IMG_3697

5. Glue or sew two of the triangles to the main kite shape.

IMG_3700

6. Now this part is totally optional, but I decided to go around my kite shapes with some bright pink thread to add something extra.

IMG_3705

7. Glue/sew your kite onto your hair clip (or pin). I used some little pieces of felt for extra strength.

IMG_3702

8. Now you'll want to cut three (or however many you want) small rectangles for the bows that will hang off of the kite.

IMG_3706

9. I cut threaded my needle through the rectangles and then tied the thread in a knot in order to make the bows.

IMG_3707
IMG_3708
IMG_3709
IMG_3710
IMG_3711
IMG_3712

10. Attach your threaded bows to the end of your kite.

IMG_3715
IMG_4657

And you're all finished! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I'm so glad you liked my tutorial, your version is super cute :)
    x Lisa

    ReplyDelete