Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A New Direction

The other day I'm lounging around the house reading The Maze Runner, by James Dashner. While I'm not giving dinner too much thought at the time, after reading some passage about a steak dinner I realized I could really go for a steak myself. The funny thing is I don't even really like beef (I'll always be yours chicken), but something about reading other people eating one made me want one.

What can I say? I'm human. I always want what other people have. (I'm just kidding...mostly.)

Maybe it's because I love both so much, but food and books just seem to go together to me. So I started searching the interwebs looking for a blog dedicated to food inspired by fiction books. Guess what I found? Nothing. Nadda. Zip. Now that obviously doesn't mean there's not some genius blog out there right now dedicated to this very thing, but it does mean that this assumed blog has some terrible exposure and should work on that. Just a tip.

Anyhoo, my point is my book reviews are mediocre at best and my recipes are as random as all hell. Because of this, I am going to start posting recipes inspired by books I read (tell me you didn't see that coming). Now I have no idea how this is going to actually work out. I haven't planned out any of the details yet, but I do know that these recipes will only be inspired by the books. This means that unless there is a passage where the main character starts talking about a half cup of sugar, you can assume I'm using some creative license. Some recipes will be based on the place the story takes place, others on a particular style of eating that gets mentions. Some may be completely out of the blue and based on my feeling of the book instead of anything tangible. Most books I read don't go into detail about food, but I'm sure I'll be surprised at how many details I've looked over without even realizing it.

So that's it. On the surface I suppose things won't look much different since I know for sure that I will post the book summary (which will now be shorter) and the recipe in separate posts (for people who want one but not the other). I'm still pretty excited though.

What this says about my priorities in life I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment