Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Week(end) in Pictures

I don't think I'll ever get use to the weather here in Utah. One day it's gloriously sunny and warm, the next day is rainy and windy, and then later in the week it is hot as hell. There's just no happy medium here. We only get about two weeks of fabulous weather and those 14 days are no where near one another. It's frustrating to say the least.

These pictures were taken on one of those far too few really nice days. It was sunny, but not too hot, and everything had finally turned that really green color of the warmer months.

IMG_3652
IMG_3616
IMG_3513
IMG_3630
IMG_3577
IMG_3580
IMG_3564
IMG_3521

I finally decided to try my hand at growing herbs. Unfortunately for me, I seem to have a black thumb but so far the herbs are holding out. There is something deeply satisfying about having herbs growing on my kitchen window and being able to clip off a spring of rosemary whenever I want. Plus, buying the herbs in plant form cost less then ten cents more then buying cut herbs in the produce section. So really there's nothing to lose.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, is that your son??
    Also, cute dog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! His name is Holden and he's a total monster. :)

    ReplyDelete