Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Grilled Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Salad

Here's another recipe since I have nothing else to talk about. (What can I say? I'm pretty boring.) I actually came across this recipe on Pillsbury's photostream on flickr. How awesome is the 21st century?

Grilled Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Salad

What I love about this recipe is the simplicity. I just browned the chicken on my George Foreman grill (please tell me I'm not the only one who owns one) and threw it in the oven for about ten minutes to finish cooking. I liked the raspberry chipotle sauce, but I might have to look into making my own since it tasted kind of like just sweet bbq sauce. And while that's all well and good, for about $6 bucks a bottle that's a bit disappointing. Other then that though, I thought the salad was great. I didn't have any raspberries to add to the salad, but I think the berries would have been great and bumped the salad up to the next level.

Would I make this again? Sure.

Grilled Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Salad

Grilled Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 cup raspberry chipotle sauce
1 bag (10 oz) ready-to-eat mixed salad greens (such as romaine, iceberg and leaf lettuces)
1 pint (2 cups) fresh raspberries
1/4 cup butter toffee glazed-flavored sliced almonds (from 3.75-oz package)
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons orange juice

Directions:

1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Brush both sides of chicken with about 1/4 cup of the raspberry chipotle sauce.

2. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes. Turn chicken; brush with 1/4 cup of the raspberry chipotle sauce. Cover grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).

3. Arrange salad greens on 4 serving plates; top with raspberries. Cut each chicken breast into slices; fan over salad greens and raspberries. Garnish with almonds.

4. In small bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup raspberry chipotle sauce, the oil and orange juice with wire whisk until blended. Drizzle over salads.

Grilled Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment