Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Roses and Chains

I've been in a crafty mood lately (get it? crafty? I'm so punny) and I couldn't resist making another skirt when I came across this floral material at the craft store. I don't why, but there is just something about material that looks like some grandma's curtains that just does it for me. I tend to like things that hover between cute and ugly.

Copy of Project2

Like my other skirt, this one has pockets. I just can't get over how adorable pockets are on skirts and I always feel ridiculously proud of myself after making them for some reason. I also like how you can use a contrasting fabric for a little surprise (here I used a black and white checkered material). Little surprises are what makes life awesome. Along with chocolate, books, and turning your pillow over to the cold side.

I do want to point out that this skirt sits closer to my body, but it was windy and gross outside when I took this pic.

I also made some anklet/shoe harnesses cause I was feeling bored. I was inspired by this picture, but I went a little crazy with the chain. Overall I like the way they turned out and I plan on posting a short DIY tomorrow.

Now if I can only force myself to finish some paintings.

2 comments: