Friday, September 24, 2010

Ramblings

I feel like I've been neglecting this blog lately. And now that I think about it, maybe my heart was never really in it. I sound a bit ridiculous don't I? I tend to go through phases where I wonder why I blog and what it is I hope to get out of the experience. Most of the time I blog simply for myself, but some days it doesn't seem like nearly enough.

I hope I'm not the only one who does this.

I usually ramble on about these sorts of things on my other blog, but I've done it so many times it feels too self-indulgent. Blogging was there for me when I needed a place to express myself and try to stay at least partially sane while I was unemployed. But now I wonder if I still need to blog and whether or not it's time to move on. I don't want it to be stubbornness or routine that makes me keep on keeping on.

I don't know. Maybe you should just ignore this.

IMG_2676 copy

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I love blogging and it's usually an outlet for me but sometimes I just kinda sit back and say, " Why am I even doing this, what's the point." It can sometimes be overwhelming to put a lot of energy into one thing and not feel like your getting something out of it at times. You're not crazy..been there...done that, join the club:)

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you blog. It feels like you're sharing a part of yourself - we get to see your recipes and your photos and all the craft things, and it really inspires me to do things like that.. Even though I guess I haven't done much.

    I love to follow blogs because it's always interesting for me to meet people in foreign countries and see what it's like, physically and like culturally. I followed a blog of a woman who lived in Venice because I liked seeing the architecture she posted.

    I don't think your blog is self-obsessed or self-indulgent or anything like that. You don't post day-to-day things. My blog has got like that, so I've split it into 2, one for debates and one for just "here is my life".

    Even so, I feel like you - what can people get out of reading about my exploits and my opinions?

    In a way, it's just a continuation of the diary I've written since I was 14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    Sarah: It is funny hoe these moods come and go. I guess it is just part of the game. Thanks for stopping by!

    Decubitus: Thanks a bunch. You're lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete