Friday, October 8, 2010

Garlic Parmesan Skillet Bread

I like to have some kind of bread with every dinner (usually French bread), but sometimes I'm too lazy to go to the store. At times like that, it's good to have recipes that rely on ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. When I saw this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Skillet Bread over at Plain Chicken, I knew I had to make it right away. The directions are simple and bread, garlic, cheese, and butter are four of my favorite things.

IMG_9022

I actually don't have an 8 inch saute pan so I used a round cake pan (9") instead. All I did was set the pan with the butter into the oven until the bitter melted. Then I added the garlic, seasoning, cheese, and biscuits. It all worked out very nicely.

Would I make this again? Yes. I couldn't believe how easy it was to throw together. I served it with Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Sauce and it was perfect.

Garlic Parmesan Skillet Bread

Ingredients:


1 can flaky buttermilk biscuits
3 Tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 tsp Italian seasoning or Carrabba's bread dip seasoning
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
8" saute pan

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

1. Melt butter in saute pan. Add garlic, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.

2. Cut biscuits into quarters and toss in saute pan.

3. Place whole pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and slide onto platter for serving.

IMG_9018

8 comments:

  1. aww! this made me wistful for the Parmesan pull-aparts we learned how to make in home economics so many years ago. Looks good!! I love Carrabba's bread dip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never took home economics. I don't think they offered it at any of the schools I attended. Now I feel like I missed out! lol

    I've never been to Carrabba's either. I'll have to make some of the seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE are beyond wonderful!!!!! Thank You SOOO much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. This sounds absolutely ridiculously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried these tonight and my whole family loved them! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so going to try this!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete