Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Party Food

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Maybe it's because it's only a few days after my birthday, but I just love everything about it. The costumes, the candy, the sense of make believe. Halloween is a holiday where anything can happen and you can be anyone you want. I've always wanted to have a costume party and this year I've finally decided to make that happen. For some reason a lot of people won't wear costumes which makes absolutely no sense to me. This year I'm enforcing a strict "no costume no entry" policy to weed out the party poopers. Luckily most of my friends are good sports and it wasn't very hard to convince them.

Because of this, I've been on the look out for Halloween part food. As always, simplicity and creativity is really what I'm looking for. Here are some of part food ideas that I thought were good:


1. Halloween Bones
2. Claire Robinson's Dark and Spooky
3. Chocolate- Dipped Worm Pretzels
4. Zombies Cupcakes
5. Chocolate Halloween Bark
6. Prosciutto-Wrapped Grissini
7. Bat Wings Recipe
8. Ghosts
9. Rock Candy Jello Shooters with Midori Melon Sour
10. Halloween Popcorn
11. Halloween Cupcakes

I love those bones at the very top. Made out of pretzel rods and mini marshmallows, they are super simple. I also love the idea of using gummy spiders in cocktails and pretzel rods are always easy but well loved. Even though there is nothing spectacular about prosciutto wrapped breadsticks, there is something kind of creepy about them I thought. They would be perfect for a zombie party. The "bat" wings are made out of chicken wings and the ghosts are just chocolate covered strawberries. Brilliant. Besides that, I think the rock candy jello shooters are one of the coolest things I've seen. I don't know if I would go through the effort since they're only made with Midori. While Midori may be delicious it isn't very strong. I was planning on making cupcakes, but that Halloween bark has won me over. I make a peppermint bark for Christmas and people love that stuff.

Follow the links for the recipes if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. my birthdays the day after halloween so along with mischief night its always been a pretty crazy three days for me.

    I WANT THAT GHOST CUPCAKE. MINE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is Oct 28th. Scorpios represent! lol

    ReplyDelete