Friday, October 8, 2010

Modern Disney’s Man Vs. Old-time Disney’s Man

These pictures have made the rounds already, but I was so blown away I wanted to post them here as well. Done by artist David Kawena, a new take on the Disney Princes has been long overdo. While some people seem to think the princes are the ones who save the day, I think the princes in most Disney stories are essentially pointless. And elevating that pointlessness to at least some tasty eye-candy is good in my book.

I'll take a Milo J. Thatch, a Tarzan, and a side of Peter Pan please.

Prince Naveen from The Princess and the Frog:


Aladdin from Aladdin:


Emperor Kuzco from The Emperor’s New Groove:


Hercules from Hercules:


Milo J. Thatch from Atlantis:


Gaston from Beauty and the Beast (actually a tribute to Kawena by Lcslayer):


Thomas from Pocahontas:


David from Lilo and Stitch:


Kocoum from Pocahontas:


John Smith from Pocahontas:


Price Phillip from Sleeping Beauty:


Peter Pan from Peter Pan:


Prince Adam – from Beauty and the Beast:


John Henry from John Henry:


Tarzan from Tarzan:


Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid:


You can see the full "Disney Heroes" gallery here. Kawena plans on doing a "Disney Heroines" collection as well.

5 comments:

  1. wow, these are awesome! they're more ck underwear than disney lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? I feel a bit naughty looking at them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow!! I've seen these before, but it never fails to amaze me at how good these are... and how much my childhood is getting corrupted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little corruption is good now and again. ;)

    ReplyDelete