Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pleated Skirt

Ever since I made my first skirt, I can't seem to stop making more. There is just something deeply satisfying about making something out of nothing but a pile of fabric. Sewing can be a bit intimidating, but once you do it a few times you'll feel a lot more comfortable. I'm as beginner as a beginner can get, so if I can do it you can do it.

Copy of IMG_9026

Shirt - Target
Black lace tank top - can't remember
skirt - DIY
black harness - DIY
Knee highs - Walmart
Boots - F21

I hope to take a sewing class next semester, but with my class load it may not be possible. Until then, I've been on the lookout for good tutorials and this one (pdf) by DIYcouture is the best one I've come across so far. It's for a pleated skirt and the directions are super clear. If anything the tutorial is a little too in depth, but it will leave you with a much better understanding of how to construct a skirt. I plan on hunting down every DIYcouture tutorial I can find. I made my skirt out of a sheet and I couldn't be happier with it.

So what are you waiting for? Go make something.

No comments:

Post a Comment