Tuesday, October 5, 2010

YA Dsytopian Reading Challenge

I'm not a big book challenge person. This is mostly because I don't pay enough attention to different book blogs to know what challenges are even taking place, but there is really nothing I love more than a good dystopian novel. So when I saw the YA-D2 – The YA Dsytopian Reading Challenge over at Bart’s Bookshelf, I knew I had to give it a shot. The challenge runs from October 1st to December 19th and has a couple of different levels so there is no reason not to participate.

Because I have no concept of self-restraint, I am going for level level 3 which is a minimum of 5 books. For a book whore like myself though, 5 books in two and a half month is nothing. Since I've a lot of the well known YA dystopians the real challenge is going to be finding new and interesting books to read. The one thing I don't like about a lot of book blogs is how they focus on the same books. I do this myself and it is kind of boring. That's why I started my food&fiction theme (which I haven't forgotten about). I'm hoping to find some less well known reads that were overlooked for whatever reason. I may have to go outside of just YA books, but hopefully that won't be the case.

Anyhoo, check out the challenge. What level are you going to sign up for?

No comments:

Post a Comment