Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hello Winter

Winter has arrived in Utah in full force. The heaviest snowfall we got was 14 inches. This is what I woke up to:

IMG_9952

And yet I love it. Don't get me wrong, driving in this stuff is a horrible experience. You feel like you're going to die when you go 40 mph and I get headaches from straining my eyes in an attempt to see the invisible lane lines. But at the end of the day, I love the snow. There is just something magical about it to me. Maybe that's just what happens when you grow up in a place where it never snows, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'd like to get some better pictures, but I'm not going outside today for any reason. One storm down, three to go. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang it, it still hasn't started snowing in Provo yet... :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The only snow I've ever seen is the stuff made by snow machines. Well, when I went skiing and the ski lift carried us over some secluded areas, that was real snow, but most of it is snow machine made, since most of the ski runs aren't high enough on the mountains to have enough natural snow. :(

    I would lvoe to see snow fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice: I get what you mean! My first winter here was amazing.

    ReplyDelete