Isn't this side chignon just lovely? Maybe it's the model's gorgeous hair color that's throwing me through a loop, but I just adore this.
I am definitely going to give it a go. I've a hard time coming up with different ways to do my hair since I cut it and I think my hair is just long enough to make this work. Is there anything Martha Stewart can't do?
Here are step by step pics:
1. Using a round brush, blow-dry hair smooth and straight, focusing on the top sections.
2. Once dry, use a large-barrel curling iron to create waves from the ears down.
3. Build height and volume at the crown by teasing hair gently with a fine-tooth comb.
4. Gather hair into a low ponytail; twist it along the nape of your neck, pinning as you go.
5. Once you reach your ear, shape the remaining hair into curls, and pin them back over.
6. Hairspray in place. To add texture, gently curl and scrunch the wispy ends with your fingertips.
You can see more ideas for wedding hairdos from Martha here.