Friday, November 26, 2010

Spicy-ish Sausage Pasta

Sorry for the wonky lighting in the pictures. With it getting dark so much earlier here I'm going to have to find some kind of lighting solution.

This is another one of those recipes that I use time and time again. Spicy sausage is one of my loves in life, and this whole dish takes no more than 30 minutes to throw together. Paired with a simple salad and some bread, and you've got yourself a lovely and filling meal. The cream makes the pasta smooth with just enough kick from the spicy sausage. This recipe is by Sam the Cooking Guy and it totally cemented my love for him.

IMG_9722

I know a cup of cream sounds like a whole lot, but you can also use evaporated milk of you want to watch the calories. You may need to add a little cornstarch to make it thicker though. And keep in mind this serves six so it's not as bad. Maybe even half cream half milk would work.

Would I make this again? Like I said, already a family favorite. This and Peasant Pasta are my two go-to pasta dishes.

Spicy-ish Sausage Pasta

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb penne pasta
1 lb spicy Italian sausage (casings removed)
4 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley

Directions:

1. Heat oil in medium hot pan, add sausage & break apart to crumble. Cook until no longer pink and stir in garlic - cook another minute or 2.

2. Add cream, Simmer on low about 10 minutes. While it cooks, add pasta to boiling water. When the pasta's ready, so is the sausage.

3. Drain pasta and add to sausage. Add butter & Parmesan cheese & parsley - mix well. Sprinkle with a little more cheese of course and serve.

IMG_9714

5 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I would love to "healthify" this recipe! (Seriously, I may try this tomorrow!)

    Thank you for sharing!

    Katie @ Healthnut Foodie

    http://healthnutfoodie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do! Then you should share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. more like sunshine and boners.
    i am making this right now and it looks delicious.
    i posted the link to the recipe to my friends on the internet and this is what they said:

    19:40 <@ranma> are you pro at cooking?
    19:40 <@ranma> holy shit that looks good
    19:45 <@monguse> are those your legs
    19:47 <@ranma> wat
    19:47 <+Rattl> I wanna sex up that bitch
    19:48 <+Orca^> sunshine and boners
    19:55 <@the^ktchn> yeah i'd smash it


    Everyone loves your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha that is by far the best comment I've had! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete