Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baked Camembert Pasta

Here's a really easy pasta dish for the cheese lovers. I know my picture is crazy weird looking, but that's what happens when it gets dark before 5. It seems the sun always sets ten minutes before I'm ready to photograph my dish. It drives me a bit bonkers.

IMG_9642

I didn't have any spinach, so I added some mushrooms instead. I also had two pieces of Parmesan Chicken Breasts With Crispy Ham left over that I sliced and threw into the dish as well. I don't want to say this dish is bland, because it's not, but the flavors are a bit delicate. Since I prefer stronger flavors, I felt like the dish needed something extra. Next time I plan on adding some red pepper flakes, garlic, and maybe some olives. Holden loved the pasta though so it is very kid friendly. If your cheese doesn't come in a wood box, then just use a baking dish.

Would I make this again? Yes, but with a few changes.

Baked Camembert Pasta

Ingredients:

1 lb Rigatoni Pasta
8 oz fresh spinach
4 oz grated parmesan
1 camembert cheese wheel (small about 5 in diameter)
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig rosemary
extra virgin olive oil
salt/black pepper

Directions:

1. Cut a circle in the top of the cheese wheel (almost the whole diameter, leave a centimeter or so from the ridge) and carefully remove the skin. Add finely sliced garlic to the exposed cheese. Add a pinch of black pepper. Sprinkle with olive oil and add rosemary (sprig removed). Gently pat the top of the cheese to coat the rosemary.

IMG_9630IMG_9631
IMG_9633IMG_9636

3. Add cheese to a 350 degree preheated oven. Bake for 30 min.

IMG_9639

4. With about 10 minutes left until the cheese is done, add rigatoni to boiling salt water and cook as directed.

5. Once rigatoni is cooked, add spinach to the pot and cook for 10 seconds (do not overcook...10 seconds is enough). Strain in colander.

6. Add parmesan to to rigatoni/spinach mixture and mix. If it gets too thick, add a small ladel of the water from the pot. Season to taste.

7. Remove cheese from oven and pour over pasta.


I found this video on youtube that shows what you should expect:


Source: Jaimie Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment