Sunday, January 23, 2011

365 Project: Week 3

Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like you just need a change? You may not even know exactly what it is that's bothering you, but you just know something has to happen. Well, I felt that way this week and as a result I ended up dying my hair bright ass red.

15
16
17
18
19
20
21

The color is actually a lot more pink than it looks in these pictures, but it is super bright. It's so bright I haven't even made up my mind how I feel about it. Besides that, I had a pretty standard week. I went to the thrift store, went out for Mexican food and $1 margaritas at Mi Ranchito with some friends, and played bonco with the neighbors. All in all I can't complain.

Hope everyone had a good week!

7 comments:

  1. I love the red! I wish I wasn't such a baby, I've always wanted to dye my hair bright red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Your pictures make my pictures look like poop. But it's okay because I really like your pictures!
    AND I REALLY REALLY LIKE YOUR HAIR! Hahahah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with the bright ass colour! I think it looks beautiful! It would absolutely glitter in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! You guys rock.

    Wendy: I'd always wanted to dye my hair some bright color, but I always chickened out. I figured it was now or never since I'm a full time student and don't have to worry about a job.

    Sonya: I think your pictures are great but thanks! lol

    D: There's nothing wrong with it. I just feel like I have a flashlight pointed at my head all or the time or something. lol But thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW
    i try to get my hair that color and it just turns into a darker auburn.
    what brand did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. D: You should try "Loreal Excellence HiColor for Dark Hair Only." They only have like ten shades or so, but half of them are reds. You'll also need to buy some developer. I used 20vol developer but you'll probably want to use 30 or 40vol if your hair is darker. I got everything at Sally's. And that's the extent of my hair dye knowledge haha.

    http://lorealtechnique.com/hicolor_01.shtml

    The only thing to keep in mind is this hair dye is supposed to be for highlights so you might need two boxes if you have a lot of hair. This stuff is amazing though. My sister has dark brown hair and it turned completely magenta without any bleach (she only did the under section of her hair and this was a few years ago).

    Also, I dyed mine magenta but then I put manic panic "vampire red" on only the top section to make the color more intense. I also thought it'd be a good way to freshen up the color if it gets dull. I think that's why it is photographing as red instead of magenta (which it looks a lot more like in person).

    Wow that was a lot of rambling about my hair. lol

    ReplyDelete