Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quote: Friendship


Friends, originally uploaded by JDConway.
“I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” —Jon Katz
As I've gotten older I've started to understand and practice this a lot more. I've been too quick to walk away from people in my life. I'm lucky that I have a few really good friends I've had for ever, but there are still friendships I regret letting go of so easily.


1 comment:

  1. I've lost touch with so many people just because I didn't want to keep chasing after them all the time. Then I learnt that that's part of the deal with friendship. You have to expect to be let down, taken advantage of and do some chasing. It's really not that much to ask when you think of all the good things!

    ReplyDelete