Friday, April 15, 2011

Honey Cornbread

I decided to make cornbread to go with the Chicken Chowder with Chipotle since Ryan is a big fan. Unfortunately for him, I don't make it very often since I don't personally care for it. There is just something about the texture that usually turns me off. When I came across this recipe I thought it was worth a shot though since the blogger also doesn't care for cornbread but loves this one. And boy I can see what she likes about it. The texture is smooth and the sweetness perfectly accompanies the cornmeal. I found myself eating piece after piece.

Honey Cornbread

This recipe is ridiculously easy and I had everything on hand. I plan on sticking with this recipe for quite a while. I don't have a 9x9 pan so I used a deep dish pie pan instead. I had to cook mine for an extra 5 minutes or so to get the center perfectly cooked. If the same thing happens to you and the edges start to get too brown, just cover them with some foil.

Would I make this again? Only cornbread recipe I've made that I personally like so definitely.

Honey Cornbread

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.*

2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the cream, oil, honey and eggs; stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean.

Chicken Chowder with Chipotle

Source: Back to the Cutting Board

2 comments: