Monday, April 4, 2011

New Addition: Budget Dinners

Like usual we are super broke again. I typed out a rant about the woes of being a parent and trying to juggle school and a job, but I decided to delete it since it was self-indulgent and we've all been there before. Since groceries take a big bite out of budget, I've decided I want to try and focus on more affordable recipes. All a recipe has to call for is fresh basil and thyme and you find yourself spending almost $5 bucks on just herbs. You can get a pound of chicken for less than that (where I live obviously).

IMG_2308

And I don't know about you, but there is often something really satisfying about cheap dinners. They're often simple and only use one pot. One of my favorite dishes is just chicken, broccoli, rice, cream of mushroom, and a little cheese.

IMG_6269

Now I know there are blogs out there that focus on this sort of thing specifically, but I'm uninspired and I think it'll be a nice addition to my blog. Also, I'm being lazy, but I should have the last two weeks 365 pictures posted soon. I just have to write a quick essay and do some readings for personal ethics.

No comments:

Post a Comment