Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Budget Dinners: Easy Chicken and Broccoli

This is one of those dishes that I always fall back on. While we don't eat it as often as we used to, this dish is satisfying in a way that only ridiculously easy meals using cream of mushroom soup can be (or any soup really). Not only can it be whipped up quickly, but it is super affordable as well.

Easy Chicken and Broccoli

I've included the original recipe, but I change mine up a little. For one, I use a can and a half of cream of mushroom soup with only half a can of water. I always feel bad for wasting the other half of the can, but using it gives my family of three way too much food. Then I add half a bag of frozen broccoli florets. Once everything comes to a boil (it will pretty quickly), I add the rice. Remember, to season your chicken really well and smaller pieces work better than larger ones. This recipe can easily double and it's easy to substitute with anything you have on hand.

Would I make this again? Family favorite.

Easy Chicken and Broccoli

Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
3 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can water
1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

1. Cook and stir chicken in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 2 to 3 min. or until browned.

2. Add broccoli, soup and water; stir. Bring to boil.

3. Stir in rice. Top with cheese; cover. Cook on low heat 5 min.

Easy Chicken and Broccoli

Source: Kraft

No comments:

Post a Comment