Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Music Thursday


New Music Thursday is an attempt to keep my goal of listening to some new music alive and kicking. Not all of these bands/artists are new to me, but all of the songs are.

These are the songs I'm diggin this week:

Mexican Mavis by Boy & Bear:



Dangerous and Sweet by Lenka:



Kind of reminds me of Ellie Goulding actually.

Survival Skills by KRS-One and Buckshot:



Why So Looking Back by The Most Serene Republic:



Look At Me Now cover by KarminMusic:



I can't stop watching this girl.

It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday by K. Ryan:



I'm very much love or hate with music covers, but this one definitely falls into the love category. While the original will always be magical, there is something really lovely about this version. I listened to it like five times in a row the first time I heard it.

2 comments:

  1. We've been hooked on Karmin for a couple months now after seeing that cover. She's amazing. Many of their original songs have become faves with the husband and I. The K. Ryan cover is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. That one is an instant fave for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! i haven't checked out Karmin's original work, but i'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete