Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Top 50 Dystopian Movies of All Time

It's no secret that I love dystopia. There's just something about totalitarian governments and the extent people will go to survive that gets to me. Maybe it's because it combines my love of the dramatic and my passion for politics. Who knows? All I know is I adore it. On my quest for finding new books, since new dystopia is less than wonderful, I came across this post for the Top 50 Dystopian Movies of All Time. Let's just say my Netflix queue is overflowing.


There are some old favorites (Total Recall, Children of Men, The Matrix, Starship Troopers, etc.), but there are also a lot of films that escaped my notice (Equilibrium, Strange Days, District 13). If you're a fan of dystopia I'd definitely recommend checking out the list. Some people have argued that not all of the movies are really dystopians, but I'm pretty happy with the mix. I love lists!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen Equilibrium, I,Robot, V for Vendetta, The Matrix and A Clockwork Orange. I didn't even think those movie would be in the same category LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's true! I Robot seems like a weird one to include in this list though. don't know if I'd consider it a dystopia.

    ReplyDelete