Friday, August 5, 2011

August Goals

Sonya over at Fishnets and Hip Checks did a post about her August goals that I thought I would steal copy. August always feels like a month for opportunities. It's both the end of summer and the beginning on school and I like that. I've recently made a few changes and I think monthly goal posts will be a good way to write out exactly what I want and hold myself accountable.


1. Drink more water and less soda

I love soda and I refuse to give it up. I went a few years, in high school no less, without drinking soda and I just don't think it's worth the hype. I know this is something a lot of people do, but I instead want to limit my soda intake to one can a day. I can live with that without feeling like I'm denying myself something I want. Other than that, I want to make sure I'm drinking plenty of water.

2. Go to the gym three times a week

Last week I decided I wanted to get in shape. I feel silly admitting this since it's on pretty much every goal list ever, but it's kind of a big deal for me. I haven't worked out in years and I felt like I needed to change something. This is not about losing weight. I'm sure that will be a bonus, but really I just want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without being winded. I'm lucky that I have two awesome friends that are happy to join me and access to the college's gym for free. I also want to get in shape for number three...

3. Take a spinning class

Does this strike anyone else as insane? Me too. I signed up for a spinning class this fall and I'm both thrilled and terrified. I'm hoping if I work out all month I'll be at least partially prepared for the class at the end of month. I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm obsessed with getting good grades. The first time I went to college I had a .8 (that's right...a point eight) so I'm extra proud of the 3.8 I've been babying. This goes into my next goal, but I'm hoping my academic neurosis will help keep me motivated to embrace spinning and not drop the class.

4. Get accepted to the University of Utah

I applied. We'll see what happens.

5. Finish a few paintings

There's a few paintings I've abandoned lately that I need to finish. I will finish them this month.

6. Sign Holden up for kindergarten 

I know I know. I need to get on this. I'm going to call and make Holden an appointment with the doctor this week and finally get him enrolled. I'm not sure the school office is open yet though. I need to drive by and see what the sign says.

7. Ride my bike

Ryan got me a bike for my birthday but I haven't used it all summer. I want to go on bike rides at least once a week for the rest of the month though. Maybe I'll even start riding my bike to the campus (which is just across the street).

8. Build a lightbox

There are so many tutorials for this online, but I keep putting it off. Since summer is almost over though, now is definitely the time to finally make one. As the days get shorter it gets a lot harder to take pictures of dinner to share.

9. Blog more at Random Thoughts

I've been neglecting my other blog lately. I just haven't cared about politics and August is often a slow month.

IMG_1816

I feel like there should be ten goals, but I guess nine will do. Nine is a good number anyways. So, you got any goals for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment