Wednesday, October 26, 2011

November Goals

I know November is a week away, but I thought I should make some goals for myself. It's not easy picking up the pieces but it's a little more manageable when you have a clear understanding of what you want. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

1. Start doing the things I love

When everything was going on in my life I stopped doing the things I loved. This is not good. I haven't been reading or crafting and I need to. I'm starting to feel like my old self again, but my hobbies are a huge part of who I am.

2. Get back into blogging

This goes with the one above, but I think it deserves to be on its own. When I lost interest in doing anything blogging was the first thing that suffered. And while I don't think blogging is of some extraordinary significance in my life, I like doing it and I didn't stop because I made the conscious decision to. Plus all the people I've met online have been wonderfully supportive and I don't want to lose those connections.

3. Find a new place to live

This goal is probably the hardest. Not only is it gonna be a pain to actually move and all that, but I have horrible credit so I got to figure out a way around that. I know it'll work out in the end, but it's stressing me out.

4. Be a better friend

As the dust settles on my relationship drama I've come to see that there are ways I can be a better friend. This goal is a little more vague, but I just want to make the effort to turn a few acquaintances into true friendships and make sure some friends are getting all the love and support they deserve.

5. Go out dancing

I haven't been dancing since I first started dating Ryan. Going out is something my friends and I have been talking about forever, but it's time.

6. Accept where life takes me

Ooh this one is vague and all existential isn't it? I just want to live life the best I can without over-analyzing everything. I tend to obsess over things and I'm really trying not to. I want to make a new home for myself with my loved ones and I can't do that if I'm not open to where life takes me.

1 comment: