Sunday, November 13, 2011

Go Team Go

Yesterday my lovely friend Tiffany took me to my very first college football game. As some of you may know, I'm not a fan of sports. Like at all. I just don't see the appeal and in my (very limited) experience sports are often just an excuse to drink all day. Now while drinking all day is definitely something I can get behind, I usually just cut out the illusion of acceptability (i.e. the sports) and go straight to the booze.

Tiffany though, was determined I see what all the fuss was about and it turned out to be pretty awesome. Yes the weather was bad and there was some stress with getting me a ticket, but I can really see what people enjoy so much about tailgating. There's a sort of pageantry that goes along with it and it's a great excuse for everyone to get together. Plus, there's the booze.

IMAG0103
Project8

I learned five important lessons yesterday though:

1. People will judge you if you wear a skirt to a football game. Even though I had on more layers than most people, they couldn't believe I wasn't cold. I even saw some people wearing leggings. Those are the people who had to be cold. I was totally fine and yet people kept asking me if I needed pants. It made me really self-conscious and I hate being self-conscious. (This is why I always dress nice in the first place.) Next time I know better though.

2. Tailgating and Las Vegas are the only two places where it's perfectly reasonable to start drinking in the morning. (And maybe cruises. I wouldn't know though cause I'm poor.)

3. Being lost in a crowd of shouting people feels nice. It's like a socially acceptable form of revolution without any of the effort.

4. If you and your friend are talking about how much fun it is to drunk dial people, you're both probably still drunk.

5. Cinnamon whiskey. That is all.

So yeah, as you can see most of my football experience revolved around drinking. It's probably why I enjoyed it so much. I look forward to going when it isn't raining or snowing though. And next time I'll wear pants. Go Utes!

No comments:

Post a Comment