Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back

The first few times I heard this song I have to admit it kind of annoyed me. Mostly because I heard it ALL THE TIME and I just got tired of it quickly. So imagine my surprise when I heard it again today and I realized it was exactly what I needed to hear.



Today has been kind of an emotional day for me. Not in the sense that I'm weeping uncontrollably, but in the sense that I feel myself at a crossroads. Most of the time we don't realize how important a moment is until it's long past, but sometimes we're lucky enough to know we're standing on the edge of change.

Today I stand at that edge.

Part of me wants to fall into despair. To be indulgent and allow myself to fall apart. But that never gets anyone anywhere. I refuse to punish myself further for things I can't change.

So even though today marks the end of something I care very much about, it also marks the start of something else. What that something is I'm not entirely sure, but I'll figure it out.

Sometimes you just got to shake it out.

2 comments: