Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I've always been a little apathetic towards Valentine's Day. There's something about forced affection that just turns me off (I'm not big on anniversaries for this reason too). When you're expecting something from your partner, the flowers or trinkets become a little less special in my opinion. I'd rather be surprised with a sweet note in my shoe than a dozen roses on Valentine's any day. Then again I'm a bit of a romantic so what do I know?

This was my first Valentine's Day being single since I was a teenager though and I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about it (Christmas was awful). Surprisingly, it turned out to be the best Valentine's Day I've had so far.

Project14

I surprised Tiffany by covering her door with all the Valentine's Day paraphernalia I could find and she wrote me the best poem I've ever received in my life. We also made Aaron a beautiful poster of himself with Justin Bieber (literally a poster). Add all the laughs and a little bit of KY Jelly and it was a great day. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately and it was exactly what I needed. I don't know what I would do without my roommates.

Here's a larger picture of the poem in case you're interested. A lot of the references are inside jokes and I blurred some of the names to protect the innocent.

Copy of SCAN0046

I hope everyone's Valentine's Day was even a third as great as mine was.

2 comments:

  1. That poem is amazing! Your roommates are pretty dang awesome. We do need to hang out again, I have lots of boy bashing I need to get out of my system....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I would MUCH prefer little sweet things out of the blue on a regular day than some trite cliche on Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete