Friday, March 16, 2012

March Goals

The nice thing about your life falling apart is the time you can take putting it back together. You can be a little more thoughtful and a little more picky about some aspects of your life. Things you tolerated before are no longer acceptable and in some ways big changes seem a littler easier to accomplish. I have no idea why that is. Maybe it's just perspective. There's nothing like a good slap in the face from the universe to gain a little perspective in my experience.

As the sting in my cheek starts to fade, there are a few things I'd like to accomplish this month.

1. Go to the gym at least three times a week

I like going to the gym. It has more to do with being balanced then anything else, but it feels good to sweat. Its feels good feeling strong. The fact I'm dating and strangers have to see me naked now is only a small part of it.

2. Start swimming

I love to swim. It's the one tiny bit of athleticism I have and growing up in San Diego meant I spent most summers in the pool. (I'm talking all day every day in the pool.) Watching other people swim at the gym makes me want to jump in even more. I just need to buy a bathing suit, but I'd like to find one by the end of the month if possible.

3. Clean the garage

I've been putting this off for months. Now is the time.

4. Stick to my "diet"

I hate calling it a diet. I'm not on a diet. I'm changing the way I eat. There's a difference. I haven't been adhering to my "diet" perfectly, but I've been doing pretty well and I have every intention of continuing. (Since I'm not on a diet though, perfect adherence isn't necessary. See how great that is?) I also want to focus on drinking more water. I'm not so good about that.

5. Volunteer

I've been thinking about volunteering forever now and I want to get started this month.

Goals goals goals. Everyone has them. Very few follow them. I don't want to be one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment