Monday, September 10, 2012

Let me be your tour guide...


"There's nothing to do!" is pretty much the anthem of childhood. The surprising thing is how many adults continue to foster this attitude. Not a day goes by without being asked "what is there to do in Salt Lake City?" at least once at work (even my friend Tiffany asked me a similar question while we were out to eat the other day) and I often hear people complaining about how boring Salt Lake City is.

Here's the thing, a city is a city. While some places definitely have more variety or better attractions, I'm a firm believer that life is what you make it.

Working in hospitality gives me the unique privilege of being more acutely aware of the city than most. In fact, I feel more connected to SLC now than I ever did before. A huge part of my job is giving out restaurant recommendations and pointing out different attractions (as well as explaining the grid system and our liquor laws). Because of that, I'm gonna start blogging about local places/events that I think are interesting. I know most of the people that stumble upon my little corner of the interweb are probably from outside the state, but I think it'll be a good addition to the blog. Plus, maybe it'll convince some of you to visit this fine state of mine!

Maybe it wasn't always so and it won't always be, but for right now Salt Lake City is my city. And I love it.

3 comments:

  1. That's the whole point of my California Dreamin' tag on my blog--to show that even the "boring" parts of this state are pretty awesome.

    As for SLC, I've spent the majority of my visits there in Kearns and West Valley City, so I look forward to learning more about the stuff to do in other parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like most people don't really do anything anyways. I know that sounds harsh, but most people are caught up with the daily grind so they don't get out very often. And yet they still complain. It's odd.

      I live in West Valley actually. I'm just a quick hop and a skip from downtown where I work.

      Delete
  2. A freight train with 100 cars traveling 50 mph can take a mile and a half to stop in an emergency situation. That is 20 football fields long.

    Flights to Lilongwe
    Cheap Flights to Lilongwe
    Cheap Air Tickets to Lilongwe

    ReplyDelete