Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Orange you glad I didn't say Banana

I felt it in the air the moment I stepped outside. Even though it wasn't cold, there was a slight chill that wasn't there before. That peculiar crispness in the air that can only mean one thing: Autumn

Immediately I felt nostalgic for things I'll never get back. Fall has always been my favorite season, but there is something slightly sad about it. Not even sad so much as bittersweet. For me the season represents the hope of something new tinged with the loss of things long gone. And pumpkin muffins of course.
“There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves.”
                                  ― Joe L. Wheeler

So hello autumn. I missed you terribly and I'm glad you're back. I have a stack of sweaters and tights that have been awaiting your return.

Now about those muffins...

No comments:

Post a Comment